Prizes and Judging Panel
2019 Prizes and Benefits
The Avis Travel Agent Scholarship prize is carefully designed to bring together a range of premium industry experiences and mentoring opportunities. We hope that this enriches the winner’s professional skills and confidence, which can be shared back with their colleagues to benefit the travel industry in the Pacific region.
In 2019, all finalists will enjoy the following experiences:
- Paid Qantas flights to Sydney for the final presentations and Awards Dinner
- Two nights accommodation in Sydney for the final presentations and Awards Gala Dinner
- 360 Coaching with Right Path
- Mentoring during final presentations with industry leaders from our judging panel
The winner of the Avis Travel Agent Scholarship 2019 will receive a range of fantastic prizes, including:
- 2 Qantas Business Class airfares to an Asia Pacific location of your choice
- Attendance for one person at a conference of your choosing within the Asia Pacific, with accommodation and transfers provided
- Cruise training modules and two Cruise 360 Australasia conference tickets courtesy of CLIAA
- Right Path coaching and profiling for one year
- Attendance at a major CAPA event in Australia
The Judging Panel
Our panel of judges pulls together passionate and experienced mentors from the travel industry who are invested in both supporting our finalists and providing an insightful perspective on the final presentations.
The judges are there to engage with and support our finalists, not to make the process intimidating.
In 2019, we are proud to announce that our panellists will include:
- Andrew Olsen – CEO, Travel Agents’ Association of New Zealand (TAANZ)
- Joel Katz – Managing Director Australasia, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIAA)
- Jane Yates – Head of Sales Operations and Delivery, Qantas
- Jo Patton – 2018 Avis Travel Agent Scholarship Winner
- Rick Myatt – CEO, Australian Travel Careers Council
- David Fellows – Sponsor, RightPath